• Leader and innovator in content marketing and digital media, combining journalism, communications and publisher mindset with marketing MBA, entrepreneurial passion and proven success in multi-channel content creation for lead generation.
• Built & managed digital content products, platforms and content marketing departments, teams and strategies “from scratch to scale” in B2B + B2C for a fast-growing Internet company ($22M>$50M in 2 years) and $1.5B marketing services company (public). Exceptional content marketing, online marketing, social media marketing, editorial knowledge interest and experience.
• Nationally-recognized expert & thought leader on small business, start-ups, entrepreneurship, content marketing and business management who understands the needs of SMB. Award winning business author (7 books, published in 5 languages, by Random House, Simon & Schuster, McGraw Hill, Times Books and others), journalist, syndicated columnist and Editor-in-Chief of several national SMB magazines with millions of readers.
• Passionate entrepreneur (launched 4 businesses) and hands-on builder of digital content and marketing strategies and systems. Demonstrated success in growing visits, engagement, leads and revenue; creating & communicating vision and leading build-out of digital media products and content-based platforms drawing millions of online visitors.
• Experienced at content research (competitive analysis; user interviews); strategy (vision, tone & voice, mobile/social, monetization); structure (navigation); systems (CRM, metrics), implementation (work flows, requirements, upkeep) and optimization.
• MBA from UCLA/Anderson School of Management (program ranked World #5 by Bloomberg BusinessWeek).
• Highly effective business communicator and subject matter expert. Cited, profiled and published by major media such as The New York Times, MSNBC and many others. Blogging at www.BizBest.com | Twitter @140Main
BizBest Media Corp.
1/2001 - Present
Dex One Interactive
3/2006 - 10/2012
3/2006 - 12/2010
BizBest Media Corp.
2000 - 2007
Group IV Communications, Inc.
1990 - 2000
1986 - 1989