GEORGE MILLINGTON II
Dynamic and innovative leader with 15+ year record of leveraging PR / social media marketing strategies and new media technologies to promote tech companies and products. Creative and visionary program builder, reputable for generating superior results for clients spanning numerous technology industries. Exceptional communicator, advisor, strategist, and manager. "Can-do" professional, recognized for consistent history of tackling diverse projects, exceeding objectives and achieving success.
Background includes experience developing PR and social media programs for broad range of IT, consumer tech, Green IT, and financial services organizations – from market-leading multinational corporations (e.g., HP, NEC and Hitachi) to innovative start-ups.
• Industry Expertise: Desktop / Mobile PCs, B2B / B2C, Servers, CD / DVD Software, Enterprise Hardware / Software, Networking, Semiconductors, E-Commerce, Green IT, Internet, Data Storage, Wireless, IT Security, and Financial Services
• Establish/manage agency social media communications practice, equipping firm to expand client base while boosting service capabilities for existing clients.
• Develop winning social media strategies for agency business and clients, including Epson America and Pliant Technology.
• Propel new business growth by identifying/pursuing leads, driving RFP response processes, promoting agency leadership, launching and administering company blog, handling Google AdWords program, and directing SEO-focused website redesign.
• Spearhead communications for Insured Retirement Institute (IRI), masterminding PR strategies, advising executive-level leadership, and counseling key decision-makers and PR/marketing executives representing member companies, including Prudential, The Hartford, MetLife, Pacific Life, Charles Schwab, and ING.
• Advise C-level client contacts on all aspects of external and internal communications strategy.
• Manage account teams and $1M+ in annual billings.
8/2010 - Present
2009 - Present
Walt & Company Communications
6/1998 - 7/2010
Dublin Learning Corporation
2009 - 2009
Porter Novelli (formerly Copithorne & Bellows)
1996 - 1998
New Venture Marketing
1995 - 1995
KQED-FM San Francisco
1991 - 1991