Has 40+ years of experience in manufacturing, R&D, process and technology development and management with P&L responsibility in Specialty and Fine Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Coatings, Intermediates, Additives, Resins, Flavors and Fragrance, and Polymers. Improved technologies, manufacturing methods, developed and implemented strategies to improve profitability. Intellectual property review, rationalization, and strategy.
Girish is a member of the editorial board of Pharmaceutical Processing, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, PharmaQbD.com and Chemical & Engineering News Online.
• Problem identification, solving, and implementation of solutions.
• Implemented processing changes to double resin capacity and reduced operating time by 40% without any investment.
• Out of box thinking and methods to resolve manufacturing, processing and technology issues, and challenges.
• Conceptualized and commercialized a spackle in a ketchup size pouch.
• Simplification of process and manufacturing methods and implementation.
• Established quality circles; increased capacity without capital and saved over $500,000 per year.
• Broad experience in process development and commercialization of diverse technologies and chemistries resulting in profitability improvement.
• Quadrupled capacity and reduced manufacturing cost by 40% for fluoro-polymers and surfactants at minimal investment.
• Cross-fertilization of technologies and methods to solve problems and develop new products and solutions.
• Reduced batch cycle time at an operation by 80% using a commercially available non-conventional technology that is about 25% of the cost of conventional technology.
• Simplicity and minimize investment to achieve objectives.
• Improved operating efficiency of a waste treatment plant by 40% without any investment.
4/1996 - Present
4/1991 - 4/1996
11/1973 - 3/1991
State of Illinois
8/1971 - 10/1973
Exxon Research and Development
4/1968 - 7/1971
Girish saved 'Pharmaceutical Industry'Pharmaceutical Industry
Girish saved 'Pharmaceutical Manufacturing'Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Drug Prices
Girish saved 'Business Innovation'Business Innovation
Girish saved 'Chemical Industry'Chemical Industry
- Pharmaceuticals Companies
- Low-Cost Cars
Girish saved 'India Pharmaceuticals'India Pharmaceuticals
- Business Schools in India