- A fifteen year career of creating and building enterprises that make a difference. Successful industry experience in entertainment, technology, banking and management consulting
- Previously, spent 3 years in film and television distribution where he founded and was chief executive of a Forbes Top 200 B2B company called Reelplay.com -- a digital marketplace connecting about 45,000 producers, distributors and buyers from all over the world. Grew the company to 2 to 30 people and was responsible for raising close to $6M in venture capital from a number of Silicon Valley and Hollywood heavyweights including Softbank and Biondi's WaterView.
- Also has become a fairly active commentator on technology, media and entertainment. Has spoke at such events as Red Herring on Hollywood, Internet Content West, Broadcast Worldwide, IFP, eMediatainment World, Digital Media Wire, CalTech/MIT Enterprise Forum and the Softbank Venture Forum.
- Prior to Reelplay, served as a Managing Director of a strategy consultancy called Change Associates/Futurethink that advised senior executives from corporate giants DaimlerChrsyler and Xerox, to media and entertainment nonprofits such as Marketplace Radio and the USC School of Cinema/Television.
- Founded and is Chairman of the Asian Professional Exchange (www.apex.org), which is one of the largest community service and professional development 501c3 membership organizations in the United States with a network of 8000+ members.
- Community involvement spans a wide range of activities, past and present, including the Loyola Marymount Center for Asian Business, Junior Achievement Advisory Board, LA Asian Pacific Film Video Festival, Golden Gate University Center for East/West Entrepreneurial Studies Board, East West Players NTC. Also a member of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Interactive Division.
- MBA from the UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, based in Los Angeles
2009 - Present
HPI Emblem Inc.
8/2003 - Present
2002 - Present
Beijing Eastar Digital Corp. (Xing Xing)
7/1996 - Present
Asian Professional Exchange (APEX)
2/1993 - Present
AZN Asian Excellence Awards
1/2007 - 1/2010
Ironpond China/Hollywood Film Fund
2007 - 2008
YOURS TRULY, MISS CHINATOWN - feature film documentary
1/2003 - 5/2008
Promotional Products Association International
1/2006 - 1/2008
Loyola Marymount Center for Asian Business
1/2001 - 2007
1/2004 - 1/2005
RottenTomatoes.com [acquired by IGN/Fox Interactive Media ]
1/2002 - 7/2004
3/1999 - 7/2001
Change Associates/Futurethink Consulting Group
6/1996 - 2/1999
Golden Gate University / Wuxi University Joint MBA Program
10/1998 - 11/1998
Wells Fargo Bank
6/1990 - 2/1996
Operations / Organizational Development
Stephen saved 'Social Networking'Social Networking
Stephen saved 'Restaurant Industry'Restaurant Industry
- Open Social Networking
- Social Commerce
- Mobile Social Networking
Stephen saved 'Entertainment Industry'Entertainment Industry
Stephen saved 'Travel 2.0'Travel 2.0
- Internet Business
No users being followed.